News : Maks Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Welcome Their Second Baby

Maks Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Welcome Their Second Baby


Maks Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Welcome Their Second Baby on Father's Day

Maks Chmerkovskiy, a professional dancer on "Dancing with the Stars," received an incredible Father's Day surprise as he and his wife, Peta Murgatroyd, welcomed their newborn son. Chmerkovskiy took to Instagram to share the exciting news.

"Happy Father's Day to me!" he joyfully exclaimed in his caption, playfully adding, "#MadeInPeta."

The couple received an outpouring of love and well wishes from their celebrity friends in the comments section, including Emma Slater, who enthusiastically wrote, "OMG YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! On Father's Day!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️," and Amanda Kloots, who exclaimed, "Wow what a day! What a gift!"



This new addition to the family joins their older son, Shai, who is now six years old. In a recent interview with PEOPLE, Chmerkovskiy expressed the significance of giving Shai a sibling, especially after the couple faced fertility challenges.

"For him to understand that this time the baby didn't break, it's a truly special moment for him and for us, witnessing the arrival of the baby," Chmerkovskiy shared. "Now he can feel the kicks, see the movements in the belly. Seeing my six-year-old experience this moment is also incredibly meaningful."

Last summer, Murgatroyd revealed to PEOPLE how dedicated Shai was to becoming a big brother throughout their journey with in-vitro fertilization. She described his daily inquiries, eagerly awaiting the baby's arrival, saying, "He asks me every single day when the baby's going to be there. I tell him, 'Give it a couple of weeks.' We're counting down the days. He's going to be the best big brother, I just know it."



Murgatroyd admitted that Shai often expressed his desire for a sibling, which sometimes became emotionally challenging. "It was a lot for some days," she confessed. "It was very emotional because I didn't know what to tell him anymore. I had told him about the first two pregnancies, but I kept it vague. I didn't make it into this big 'Oh my God, we're having a baby' thing. I simply said, 'Be careful with Mommy's belly. She has a baby in there.'"

She continued, "I suppose that was another difficult part, as he would see other kids with siblings. And when [the pregnancy] didn't happen, I just stopped mentioning it, and eventually, he stopped asking. I never told him that I lost the pregnancies or how. I just stopped talking about it. And then he stopped asking for a while."

0 Comments